Wednesday, December 17, 2014

that's gonna be a christmas post

That might be the most boring topic of that time, but I find truly disturbing the fact that we still talk about not going crazy about presents, but do nothing about that.

It's the most present topic in churches and media, and social media - don't buy expensive presents, just spend time with your family and friends, or at least be creative and prepare some handmade gifts. Well, I supose the most of us (including me) will agree that Christmas is not about shopping centers and ho-ho-ho craziness...

We're not supose to concentrate on material stuff. We all know that but we keep buying, and worrying about prices, and good manners - should I buy a present for my boss or for that friend of my friend? Consumerism is all over, especially on the West. I think getting rid of that attitude is not that hard, it's about trying and changing our habits. Also it's important to do it by little steps, like thinking about good presents earlier, and trying to enrich them with our personal accent.

Here I put something that looks really tasty. I can't make it, but it still looks great:


And it's December 17th, I have some ideas about my presents, but actually my friends/family members told me what would be great for them, and that's what I am going to buy. I'm not sure if that already is a good step...I failed this year too, because I did think about all christmas stuff earlier, but I didn't DO anything concrete. 

Also I'm not sure if Iwill have time to put some personal accent in those presents. Maybe at least some kind of cards... Well, if I do that, I surely will write that down HERE! So somebody could be a little bit proud of me. For example me.


No comments:

Post a Comment