Thursday, January 16, 2014

About Time - a big surprise

So today I would like to write about a movie, that I expected to be a romantic nightmare, so called "romantic comedy", and I even didn't mean to see that movie EVER. But at last, I don't know why and how did it happen, I stumbled on it when I was looking for another serie to see. Maybe it's because of fever (I was sick), but I decided to see first half hour and see if I was right.

 

I'm sure you must have seen that huuuge poster at our old train station in december:) Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I'll describe shortly what is the movie about.

There is a guy named Tim (Domhnall Gleeson), who really wants to have a girlfriend. He's having another boring New Year's Eve party, and seems to be fed up with his meaningless life. One day his father tells him, that men in their family have an ability to get about to past. Turns out it's true - Tim starts to use this amazing skill to change the moments of his life in a way that suits him. He meets one day his girlfriend and future wife, Mary (Rachel McAdams), and after few travels to the past, he acomplishes his goal.

If that would be the whole story, I would have waste 2 hours of my life. But fortunately, there's something more. There are limitations in travels, that interfere changing everything and always, which means that Tim and his family has to suffer some tough life moments too, like car accident or death of relatives. What I saw in that movie is that although it's a kind of love story with a fantasy elements (although it doesn't seem fantasy at all!), it also shows some important truth,to cherish what we have, to live every moment very consciously, remember that it won't happen again. Maybe it doesn't seem to be too ambitious, but it makes you think, and laugh also. It's a likeable movie, that leaves a smile on your face.

Actually I think it's in some way original, doesn't look like a blockbuster, it is not stereotypical at all. It almost made me jealous of something, maybe the way how the main actors build their weird and funny, but also mature relationship. And I have to admit, McAdams did a great job, and I love that ginger boy.

So if you haven't seen it, I really recommend it to you. About Time is a film that soothes your feelings if you're having a bad day, or you don't believe anymore that something beautiful can happen to you. And if you're totally OKAY, then, congratulation! Watch just to see that there are romantic movies that can be good, or that you can't judge the book by its cover (like I did... :)














No comments:

Post a Comment