Friday, January 30, 2015

Aunt Monika

So it's been almost three weeks since I have become an auntie Monika.

My older sister had a baby at the beginnings of january and I am extremely happy and excited. It's my very first time to have around such a tiny human being, although it's not literally around because they live in Warsaw. I have to admit that I was quite worried if I will be able to hold a baby correctly, not drop it and to keep her head for her...Yeah, it's a girl, I haven't mentioned she's a cute girl named Klara. She got that name after her great grandmother, to comemorate her.

I went last week to visit my sister and her husband and of course the little human. And I was so excited about her tiny fingers and tiny everything actually, also she has few weeks so she's really polite right now, her cry is not even loud. The last day I was already more confident about my taking-care-of-a-baby skills, and I have to say it's a perfect solution for me to visit sometimes my sister...

It's that I don't plan to have a baby now, I want to end my career and then work, so there will be a better time. On the other hand, I always wondered when will my married sister have a baby, because I really wanted to have a baby in a family to cuddle it and buy tiny socks.We all know it's perfect when you don't have to listen a crying baby all 24 hours, and just spend some spare time with him or her. All the hard parts of parenting we leave to the parents... Probably the most of us will experience this some day, so right now I'm very glad I can take care of a baby girl from time to time and claim myself as an aunt!

I just feel it's quite sad that my parents won't be able to see that girl growing because they live a long way from Warsaw. I think it will be very common these times, because a lot of students stay in the cities where they studied, they settle down far away from their parents. Actually I'm not sure if any of my siblings will ever come back to live in my hometown - we're four, so it's a sad perspective of future if my parents will be alone in there without their grandchildren. Well, nobody said my city will never be attractive, though...Maybe it will revive and convince us to come back, find a job there and let the parents of our generation help their children in raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment