Saturday, January 3, 2015

This original New Year's Post

When this particular time of the begining of the year comes, it is hard not to think about new year resolutions. I know and you know it all tends to disappear after few weeks, but if it's something we always wanted to do, maybe it's possible? Someone say that new year resolutions just don't work because they are new year resolutions and they happen to fail. Well, that's quite pessimistic, what about a challenge and not failing this year? I dare myself.

My resolutions aren't really original or hard. I made a list of about 20 books I NEED to read, because I always wanted and it's high time to make it an obligation. I'm gonna mark every book I read and control it every few months - and at Christmas 2015 it will be my gift, to know I succeeded. There will be more books that I will read that are not on the list, but I will write them down. I will be so proud of me! 

Also I decided to go at least once to Spain this year, because I haven't been ther since I came back from my Erasmus (it's been 2 years - and I'm a philologist! ...almost).

And the third thing I thought it would be great to do is something I used to do when I was a teenager. I want to practice to do the split again. I used to be quite good at gymnastics and I miss being that flexible and healthy and athletic. I can practice a split at home, during the winter, which I appreciate, because I also would like to run or roller blade. I feel that I really need any kind of movement and sport activities.

There are thousands of things I would like to achieve this year, some are certain - if, of course, anything serious happens. I am going to graduate, for sure. But if it comes to things that depends totally on me - like reading extraacademic books or sport, I have to be realistic.

PS I really, really wish to participate in a half marathon this autumn but I say that very quietly because I still haven't made my mind and I think I might jinx it. Anyway, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It's quite a good list, and I do hope you can clear it by the end of the year, unless you find some other equally worthwhile ideas somewhere else as the year passes. One way or another - best of luck!

    ReplyDelete