Sunday, January 11, 2015

One optimistic movie



So today I had an opportunity to see a movie that made embarassed me to feel bad about stupid, little things. It's called Fourth floor (Cuarta planta in spanish) and it tells the story of boys who spend even years in a hospital becuase of bone cancer. Most of them have they leg amputated.


I expected it would make me cry and feel pity about those boys, but it didn't. The movie has about 4 or 5 scenes which show the dark side of the illness. The rest of the film we see jokes, sometimes cruel, activities that boys organize themselves to make their lives more similar to the life they had earlier. It might appear that they don't realise how serious their state is - that they can die soon. But in my opinion they just learn to live with their illness, and they do it really well.

I don't think I would be able to do such a great job and deal with amputation and illness so well. The movie is not even a bit depressing - it's a motivation. It shows the courage to live normally even if everything's wrong.

Of course, I recommend to see it, although I have to admit that it's not a masterpiece for me, which made laugh and cry and I won't forget. But I also think it is worth seeing, especially for those who are scared of cancer, death etc. - some of ill boys will show you a nice way to ... live.







No comments:

Post a Comment