Saturday, March 22, 2014

About truth and history

This week I went to the cinema to see that new movie "Kamienie na szaniec", which I promised to describe in my next note. Well, I saw it, I liked it, and now I'm going to join the discussion about that controversial film of Robert Gliński.

When I left the cinema, I was confused. The last 30 minutes I was crying, almost all the time, and it was hard for me to be objective, because I saw a person that I know being tortured (I know, I really know that it was not real!), and I can't watch scenes like that at all, even if it's a murderer being tortured. Now, after few days, I can say that I really enjoyed the movie. According to me, it was a good way to show to the public a piece of history in a little bit different way. I think that music was the best element from the movie - the scenes with fight between boys and of sabotage, they were purely modern and energetic. It was a better choice than it would be a music from those times.

I think that music was the only modern part of the film, I mean, I don't understand why many ex-soldiers and scouts from Szare Szeregi, who have participated in a Second World War, claim that this movie is a lie, that scouts didn't behave or dress this way. Actually I think that their clothes are pretty out of date, nobody would dress like that today and I know them from other war movies. And I truly believe that the moral aspect during war was kind of strict, but I also believe that scouts were human and they might have had girlfriends and KISS THEM.

"Kamienie na szaniec" were made to show some history and the fact, that these young boys were just like us, while they were having fun or saving their country, and fighting for survive. It was a feature film - a director Robert Gliński has to repeat this all the time - based on historical events and a book of Aleksander Kamiński. That's why it was not supposed to be the same thing as a book, it was more modern version, but true. I think that the actors who performed the leading roles, did great jobs, and it was their first big debut. Congrats for them and the director!

PS The only thing that I would change, were some conversations with huigh language. I mean, I know, they were all the time close to death, but were they seriously talking like that?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment