Friday, March 14, 2014

film adaptions

Last week came out a new movie "Kamienie na szaniec" in polish cinemas. I am especially interested in that movie because my friend (or, to be frank, brother of my friend) has a leading role and I'm really interested how this is gonna be, if I'm gonna like it or not.



I will write about it when I'll see it, but now I have another thing in my mind. I'm very critical if it comes to movies adapted from books. They just NEVER come out good. They might be well done, but it seems to be almost imposible to make a movie that will actually reflect the book, not change antyhing etc. That's the annoying part, why does the director always change the sequence of events? Or the caracteristics of the characters?

I remember when I was watching Harry Potter movies, when I was a girl I loved a book, and at first, I watched few parts of a movie adaptations. Let's face it, they are bad. They change some important issues from the book. I am aware that it's not only fault of the director - it's like you're reading a book, and you imagine things on your own, and then you go to the cinema to see something different from the images from your head. But one thing is change the facts, and other is create presented world in a different way.

About "Kamienie na szaniec", I am not very worried that it might be different from the book, because I read it like many years ago and I don't remember a lot. But it's another polish historic movie, lately we've seen some movies of that kind, and they are not always well done. I think that "KatyƄ" was a good one, but there is too much right now, I think it became sort of fashion in polish cinematography to create movies like that. It seems to be the easier way to teach about history. But in every movie we see the same faces, is that a ggood choice of directors?

Well I;m not gonna judge before I see it, and I'm hoping to have some fun on that movie - I know it sounds bad, they are people dying etc, but I mean that I'm gonna see at big screen a person that I know from life, and this is gonna be awesome! :)























No comments:

Post a Comment