Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My impossible future

When we are children, we have our dreams about who we would like to be as a grown up people: actress, singer, writer, runner,policeman...But then we grow up and everything becomes hard.

When I was a little girl, I had few plans for my future. I wanted to be a hairdresser (omg, why?), a professional runner, and a singer. Now none of those professions seems particularly interesting to me, so I'm not disappointed that I won't be a sportswoman or that I won't sing in front of crowds. Because I'm grown up now and mature, at least I hope so, and I decided to be a translator. This is something I love to do, and as much I want to do for a living this way, as much I know how hard it is for all kind of artists, translators, writers etc. Those are not very rich, if they 're not work-a-holics or super talented in what they do.

I realize how great would be doing something enjoyable for us. I would love to travel and write books, like Ryszard Kapuściński for example. But my books would be reeeaally poor and boring, so I 'm just gonna leave this for talented writers. Does it mean that I have to stop dreaming about "who I want to be when I grow up", and just let the life bring some boring profession  so I can do for living somehow?

I'm quite pessimistic in this matter - I guess it's important to do something we love anyway, but we should remember that this might be not enough. I think that we need to know the balance between things and be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment